- lean protein source
- very low fat
- variable carbohydrate to suit needs
This dish I made up with little bit of referencing from my cookbooks, but essentially because I had some fresh ginger root and a lime in the fridge, and the prawn cutlets were on special at my grocery shop! Voila. It tasted so fresh and healthy, with a slightly Japanese style flavour. It was also really easy to prepare and cook, and didn’t take up too much time.
A great meal for athletes with the carbohydrate content able to be varied depending on stage of training and size. It is a really low fat meal while still packed with flavour and punch if you add chili. The vegetables can be changed to preferred options, and you could also stir-fry the vegetables with the prawns as an alternative preparation.
- Place prawns, ginger, lime, soy sauce, chili and sesame seeds in a bowl and let marinade
- Cook desired amount of rice
- Julienne the vegetables, and steam or microwave for 2-3 minutes to the desired texture
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan, and fry the prawns in two to three batches for a few minutes until opaque
- Also heat all the marinade to use as a sauce
- Serve the prawns, with the rice and vegetables.